Fried keto coconut puffs
- 1 egg
- 15g coconut milk powder
- 20g coconut flour
- 5g coconut flakes
- 1-2g xantan gum
- Salt and vanilla to taste
- 30g coconut oil for deep frying
- SAMM 1 Whisk the egg and add dry ingredients, mix in into a dough.
- SAMM 2 Take one tsp of dough, add a piece oc low carb chocolate in it if you want and shape it into small balls with wet hands (the dough is sticky). The ball can be rolled in extra coconut flakes if desired.
- SAMM 3 Pour at least 1cm of coconut oil into a very small sauce pan (i use around 10cm diam pan for making this one small portion). Let the oil get hot, put in the balls, turn them around on every side so they turn up nice golden and crispy outside. The chocolate melts inside the coconut ball and makes it very tasty and nice to eat.
- SAMM 4 Garnish with some berries, low carb icing sugar, cinnamon etc.
NUTRITION (per portion 110g)
Energy 482 kcal
Total Fat 46g
Fat Percentage 86%
Net Carbohydrates 4,8g
* Only 15g of coconut oil is calculated into nutritional value, since about half oil used for deep frying will be left over