Keto borscht soup
- 100g beets, peeled and shredded
- 200g cauliflower florets
- 200g zuccini, sliced
- 10g garlic
- 50g diced tomatoes, drained
- 100g can tomato paste
- 100g olive oil
- Salt, little bit of sweetener (i used erytritol), 3 laurel leaves, piment, black pepper and 1 tbsp wine vinegar to taste
- 1 tsp fresh parsley and 1tsp sour cream to garnish with
- Some meat or sausages if you want.
- Broth or water
- SAMM 1 Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the shredded beet, pressed garlic, laurel leaves, piment and sweetener and cook until half crunchy.
- SAMM 2 Add sliced zuccini, cauliflower florets and salt. Stir.
- SAMM 3 Then add sliced tomato and canned tomato paste.
- SAMM 4 Leave the veggies bit crunchy and finally add wine vinegar.
- SAMM 5 I make usually little bit more soup mixture and put the extra into small sterile glass jars. If properly sealed and refrigerated, it stays fresh for couple of months.
- SAMM 6 When making soup out of the ready made mixture, i cook some meat or sausages (if i add meat) in a skillet with oilive oil, then i add the veggie mixture and some broth or just water. Let it come to a boil.
- SAMM 7 Garnish with fresh parsley and/or sour cream.
NUTRITION (per 100g veggie mixture without added meat)
Total Fat 13g
Fat Percentage 84%
Net Carbohydrates 3,7g